Arkon is a manufacturer of car mounts for the iPhone. The company recently sent me a few mounting solutions for the iPhone 4 and I have tested you out for the last month.
The Arkon sent me package contain the following elements:
- SM012 - mini weighted friction dashboard mount
- GN014 SBH - travel mount mini swivel windshield suction pedestal
- Ap013 3. 5 circular dashboard adhesive disk
- GN015 HPB 2 Mini Windshield Suction pedestal
- SM050 2 slim grip holder
First impressions
I must say I was a bit overwhelmed if I first the package due to the sheer number of parts. Weighted dashboard mount - first there is that, if I can be honest is far from "Mini" as the product name States. Then an adhesive is there to prevent hooks that the weighted mount sliding doors from the dashboard. Then there is the podium that still attaches to the mount. The base consists of several parts which have to set up, including of the plastic socket itself, the slim grip holder and four support legs, in the mount slide before you can deploy your iPhone.
Phew! That's a lot of parts. As Apple customers, we want products that, as the old Mac work slogan is "easy". I don't want to have an instruction manual to figure out how to use this thing to read. I just want to take it out of the box and use it.
Arkon iPhone rated 4 position
After mounting both (friction dashboard mount and adhesive dashboard disk) mounts, I found the friction Mount of dashboard to be cumbersome, far from "Mini" and not good to my dashboard equipped. On the other hand, I found the adhesives disk of to be a much smarter solution.
Friction mount was indeed too big for anywhere but right in the middle of my dashboard, and there it is difficult, was it hooks the security hook due to lack of space. Arkon advertises this Mount for more portable because you can use it in multiple vehicles, but my package security to prevent sliding doors is the mount from your dashboard hook that is not sustainable, nor important contained only one adhesive.
Arkon pedestals
One subtle difference between GN014 SBH and GN015 HPB 2 is that latter can you the angle of the holder higher or lower set in addition to the Pan, both ball socket function. I like the swivel ball because it allows the iPhone's position for easy manipulation.
The suction cup can either mount or attached to the windscreen. In my experience the suction cup was reliable and was never detached from the or the mount and the windscreen.
The slim grip holder
Only, the Arkon for iPhone 4 offers is the slim grip holder and I must say this part to assemble the Arkon a deal breaker for me. The slim grip holder requires that four supporting legs in grooves in the bracket to push, but I found this unpleasant be. The reason is obvious that this is a universal bracket and the support legs can be adjusted to any phone according to. The problem for me was that these legs were difficult adjustment without significant violence.
In addition to mount the iPhone, you have to drag the spring-loaded handle mechanism down and then it will return spring and attach the phone to the holder. (Das_klingt_in_der_Theorie_praktische,_aber_es_ist_nicht_ideal,_weil_a) it is a pain in the butt to the control mechanism with one hand your iPhone with the other down during Assembly and b) spring brings considerable pressure on the iPhone 4, makes me something unpleasant.
I'd much rather a holder who perfectly equipped for the iPhone 4 so that I could save the trouble adjusting the legs and the inconvenience of the Assembly of the phone with the spring mechanism.
In the conclusion
Finally, I swivel base and adhesive dashboard disk, but I was not a fan of friction mount or slim grip holder. Show me an equipped holder that I use too much, a violin, the "just works" and then I might change my mind.
Check you for sharing these mounts for the Arkon sincerely. I hope that the company is considering implementing some of this feedback in their product line. Visit the pricing and other details Arkon page for iPhone 4.
Arkon smart car mount for iPhone 4
Buy from Amazon: Arkon IPM515 windshield/dashboard / Console Mount for iPhone 4 with slim grip phone holder
Manufacturer: Arkon
RSS Feeds
File Under :

0 komentar:
Posting Komentar