Rabu, 29 Desember 2010


iPhone Lock Screen

I've recently jailbroke of my iPhone 4 with limera1n and have added a feature to my iPhone, which helps to remain productive me by using an otherwise poorly used space in which iPhone OS: the lock screen.

Lockinfo

The app is Lockinfo and it is available in Cydia.

What it does? Lockinfo grabs all your important data from your apps and syndicated on the lock screen you see when you turn on your iPhone's screen. Lockinfo see all kinds of data on your iPhone lock screen, including:

  • The weather
  • The last text messages
  • Missed call and voicemails
  • Mail
  • Push notifications from any possible app
  • Calendar items from iPhone's default calendar app
  • To-do list items drawn from one of the three leading to do apps in the APP store
  • Twitter
  • RSS feeds

Should I believe Apple look at Lockinfo and make this default functionality in the next version of iOS. Currently, the iPhone lock screen is just wasted Realty and Lockinfo makes it much more useful.

Lockinfo of plugins

LockInfo Settings

Lockinfo supports plugins to extend its functionality. By default, e-Mail messages, calendar, text messages, phone calls and push notifications appears, but everything else is available as a plugin. I like that Lockinfo runs on plugins, because there you is the option to select which features you want and let the extra stuff off your iPhone hard drive.

You can customize each plugin within settings, including the order, the information will be shown on your lock screen.

Using Lockinfo

Lockinfo is great, because it a summary of all your important information just a button click away placed. By pressing my home button, can I check the time of day, see my upcoming dates, show and check off my tasks for the day and read my last messages all without even unlock my iPhone.

LockInfo Collapsed

You can customize the way your information is displayed by adjusting the plugin order, set the maximum amount of items for each plugin and expand / collapse sections on your lock screen.

The app has a useful feature called InfoShade, which lets the Lockinfo screen raising no matter what the time doing. You can define how you enable it in the settings. I set it to appear on the status bar at the top of my iPhone I pull.

Lockinfo solves another problem with the iPhone, namely the absence of a notification handling system. I the fact that deplores iPhone lack a notification handling system above. Lockinfo solves the problem by listing all your recent push notifications in a separate section on the lock screen. Now, your important meeting notification will be deleted for example from a Facebook message notification. With Lockinfo lists all push notifications on your lock screen until you turn off.

Lockinfo makes check e-Mail way faster, also because it read, mark as read leaving messages directly from the lock screen (without reading). This saves me lots of time because it prevents that me having to go to the mail app only to check an e-Mail I could never read in the first place. Suppose you're busy and you get a buzz on your iPhone alerts a new e-Mail message. If you look at your Lockinfo screen and see that there is only one promotional once bought e-Mail from an online store but don't care, then you can it as read, by going on the X and again just to without too distracted, and without ever unlocking your iPhone to work.

Because it helps me myself throughout day reorient all-in-all, I'm a big fan of Lockinfo. I can set my appointments and tasks to update at any time and I constantly and show, my right workload lock screen.

Believe Lockinfo?

One concern I have Lockinfo is that anyone who brings your iPhone can see all your important data on your lock screen. I tried would be setting to see a passcode lock as much Lockinfo access without a password enter me and it was more than I'd like.

Not just anyone can see my upcoming appointments, tasks and messages, but you can actually edit the data, by marking e-mail messages as read (but read the contents of e-Mails), to-do list items as complete select and type sending messages from Twitter, even without the password. (Update: David notes in the comments that you can make the mail plugin secure settings.) If you are dealing with sensitive information or are very strict about your privacy, then Lockinfo is probably not for you.

How to install and customize Lockinfo

LockInfo Cydia

Lockinfo is fully functional and highly customizable. There's a catch? Yes. Lockinfo is not free. Indeed, it is a little on the high end for an app for $7.99, but get a 14-day trial.

Can the app and plugins in Cydia will find in the search to "Lockinfo." Detailed instructions for installing and using Lockinfo check this out Lockinfo how-to guide from iClarified.

For more info on jailbreaking all iPhone, see my ultimate iPhone jailbreak guide.

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar